Friday, June 26, 2009

Tribute to Fravia

I learnt yesterday that Fravia has died. He was a talented hacker and a jack-of-all-trades in IT, almost a master-of-all-trades I should say. He administered a site referencing a lot of resources for people to learn about computers, software and information systems. There you could find learning material from the beginner's tutorial to the master's last discovery.

I learnt a lot thanks to Fravia. I was studying on resources from his site when I first disassembled a binary piece of software to shift its behaviour, almost thirteen years ago. I found my way through WinDASM or SoftICE by following tutorials from his site.

I owe Fravia a lot and, though I never met him in person, I will not forget him. His site is still up, alas I can only hope for it to be continued, there is no certainty.

Fravia's logo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can read French, English, German and Romanian, please feel free to write in whichever language you prefer.